VARKALA BEACH, KERALA INDIA, 13TH TO 27TH JANUARY 2018 WITH SUZI AND ELLY
- – Morning Ashtanga or Hatha classes (both offered ~ your choice)
- – Afternoon yoga sessions with local teachers
- – Yoga 6 mornings per week and 3 afternoons
- – Practice in an authentic outdoor (sheltered) Yoga Shala
- – Take part in excursions to local attractions (extra cost)
- – Walk to the beach and local shops (shacks) in just 2 minutes
- – Swim in the wonderful pool
- – Breakfast included. Join us for dinner at local restaurants overlooking the beach and sunset (extra cost)
- – Enjoy Ayurvedic treatments and massages (extra cost)
This retreat is suitable for lone travellers and first time visitors to India, as we will look after you and there will be lots of optional group activities.
Please note this is NOT a luxury resort (although for India it probably is). We offer an authentic Indian experience.
We will be staying in a huge house with swimming pool, near the beach in one of the most beautiful places in Kerala.
You will be able to immerse yourself in Yoga, Ayurvedic treatments, Indian culture, swimming, sunbathing, sightseeing and absolutely amazing food.
For dinner we will go out and explore the local cuisine. Food is very cheap in India!!
We will help you with travel arrangements. Flights currently start from £500.
**Early Bird based on paying a non-refundable deposit of £250 before the 31st of August 2017**
1 week – £580 in a shared room / £800 in single accommodation –
2 weeks – £980 in a shared room/ £1450 for single accommodation
**Prices after the 31st August on paying a £250 non-refundable deposit**
1 week – £650 in a shared room / £900 in single accommodation –
2 weeks – £1150 in a shared room/ £1650 for single accommodation
After your initial deposit (which is non-refundable) you are welcome to pay the rest by monthly instalments
If you want to bring people who won’t practice yoga, they will also pay cheaper rates.
FEEDBACK FROM JANUARY 2017 TRIP
“I have just returned from the amazing yoga retreat with Eliane and Suzi and I’m wishing that I was still out there! Everything about it was perfect for me! Not only did Eliane and Suzi very quickly get me over my fear of a Mysore Ashtanga class, they went out of their way to ensure that everyone was happy and comfortable. The whole experience couldn’t have been more perfect for me. I had such a wonderful time and I made some very special friends whom I will definitely be staying in touch with. Eliane and Suzi are so lovely and they’re both such fantastic yoga teachers, they are such an inspiration to me. I feel truly blessed to have experienced this time with them. I’m really looking forward to continuing my Yoga journey with them now that I’m home and I look forward to joining them on future retreats!”
“• Yoga – Great. As a not very mobile practitioner the 1.5 hours in the morning was a great start to the day that helped me to improve enormously. The every other day classes outside from our centre were excellent and good for all abilities and an excellent way to see more of the world of yoga than from just within our group. Beach yoga so great that it made me cry (whoops and again now at the thought!)
• Teaching – Excellent. Expect it from Elia and Suzi and they didn’t disappoint. Other teachers were an excellent, even though I was a bit nervous before we went.
• Accommodation – perfectly adequate and spotlessly clean. Staff were incredibly helpful.
• Facilities – Fabulous infinity pool with a view of the Ocean, lovely friendly bar/restaurant with excellent breakfast and a slow but friendly service.
• Local environment – Perfect sea and great waves, great and varied restaurants where I never felt anything other than safe and welcome even when wandering on my own.
• Location – Did you know we went to India. Best holiday experience of my life!”
“Yoga and teaching: Firstly, I want to thank you both massively for relighting my yoga flame. I was very nervous about getting back in to yoga after 8 months with injury but you made me feel very supported and able to take things at my own pace. You have instilled a lot of confidence in me. It was also very helpful to have personal feedback of things to work on.
I appreciate you offering vinyasa yoga as an alternative to ashtanga and know that others enjoyed having the choice too.
· Accommodation: I loved the accommodation, it was the perfect location and felt very safe. The staff were great and helpful and the facilities offered everything needed.
· Local environment: Varkala was definitely a great choice of location as it offered so many wonderful shop’s and restaurants and being so close to two beaches was perfect.
· Ayurvedic treatments: I enjoyed the treatments and think its important for people to know that its not a pick and choose treatment, its a course of treatments. Its key to go with an open mind and a basic understanding of balancing doshas.
· Hotel staff: Loved them all. Very kind and helpful. Service could be slow but I never felt annoyed as it was great to slow017