Yoga for children: 4-6 yrs
- • Mainly yoga and concentration games and stories
- • Mostly active and physical
- • Working towards taking turns and quieter activities
- • Maintains flexibility and strengthens growing bodies
- • Cultivates a peaceful, relaxed state of body and mind
- • Encourages kind peer and social interactions
Yoga for children: 7-10 yrs
- • Children are expected to be able to take turns, listen to instructions, and be quiet for periods of time
- • Children should be keen to learn yoga postures, relaxation techniques and breathing exercises
- • Quiet yoga games, stories and breathing/relaxation exercises
- • Some more “serious” yoga posture work
- • Enhances concentration,self esteem and body awareness
- • Gives tools for stress management
Yoga for Teenagers: 11-18 yrs
Suitable for young people who want to experience a more typical yoga session, working with Yoga postures, breathing/pranayama exercises and relaxation techniques.
- • Assistance with breath awareness and relaxation skills
- • Balancing energy to prevent lethargy or hyper-activity.
- • Stress management – provides techniques for re-directing thoughts and calming the nervous system.
- • Increases focus and concentration
- • Develops a healthy body image
- • Cultivates compassion for others
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are not sure which session is most suitable for your child.
If your child has special needs please note that we are happy to make allowances for specific needs and do not expect them to fit into the above criteria. You may choose which session is mots suitable and changes can be made if and when needed.
TERM DATES 2018
Tuesdays January 9th – February 6th (5 weeks)
Tuesdays February 20th – March 27th (6 weeks)
Tuesdays April 17th – May 22nd (6 weeks)
Tuesdays June 5th – July 17th (7 weeks)
Children 4-6 16:15 – 17:00
Children 7-10 16:15 – 17:00
Teenagers 11+ 17:00- 18:00
Children – Courses £6 per class, or £7 drop-in.
Teens – £8 per class or £9 drop-in.
Click here to book .