Little Yogis: A summer holiday yoga camp for children aged 4 – 9
TUESDAY 1/08/17 TO THURS 3/08/17 13:15-15:15 WITH ERIN
This yoga camp is for children who love to be physically challenged and mentally stimulated, but also want to have fun and make new friends along the way! It is a playful exploratory approach to yoga that builds on children’s’ own creativity.
Yoga is a wonderful way to increase children’s co-ordination, self-awareness, confidence and self-esteem while they stretch and strengthen their bodies. Using yoga, children can learn to relax, concentrate and be gentle in a fun and creative environment full of games, meditation, music, creative writing and journaling.
£15 per day or £40 for all three sessions.
And whilst your child is at the summer camp, on Tuesday you can come to…
Parent’s yoga: Postures, breathing and relaxation
TUESDAY 1/08/17 13:15-15:15 WITH BECKY- 1 day only!
Calling all parents out there! What a perfect way to fit some yoga into busy lives. Your child can enjoy themselves at the children’s yoga camp and you can take some time to look after yourself.
Becky’s workshop will incorporate everything you need. Some physical postural practice (asanas), breathing (pranayama) and guided relaxation (yoga nidra). You will come out of the workshop feeling refreshed and ready to face the summer holidays!
£25 for the full two hour workshop.
Benefits of yoga for younger children:
- • Maintains flexibility and strengthens growing bodies
- • Enhances concentration
- • Increases self-esteem
- • Teaches present moment awareness
- • Cultivates a peaceful, relaxed state of body and mind
- • Gives tools for stress management
- • Encourages kind peer and social interactions
- • Enhances body awareness
- • Teaches discipline and responsibility
- • Suitable for children aged 4-9
Benefits of Yoga for Teenagers:
- • Increasing, strength, flexibility and improved posture
- • Assistance with breath awareness and relaxation skills
- • Balancing energy to prevent lethargy or hyper-activity.
- • Stress management – provides techniques for re-directing thoughts and calming the nervous system.
- • Increases focus and concentration
- • Develops a healthy body image
- • Provides a healthy way to experiment, take risks and explore the body.
- • Cultivates compassion for others
- • Encourages self trust
- • Suitable for children and teenagers aged 10+
AUTUMN TERM 2017
We will be running two courses in the Autumn Term. Dates to be confirmed.
Children 16:00 – 16:45
Teenagers 16:45 – 17:45
Children – Courses £6 per class, or £7 drop-in.
Teens – £8 per class or £9 drop-in.
Click here to book .
Yoga for Parents:
with Alana Robertson
We are hoping to start this in September – watch this space!