What is Hot Yoga?
Hot Yoga at The Secret Space is yoga performed in a hot room, with temperatures ranging from 32°C to 40°C. Yoga performed in this heat enables the body to be more flexible, stretching deeper into the postures, enhancing the overall benefits of Yoga.
At The Secret Space we use a specific type of heating to heat our studio known as Far Infrared Heating.
Benefits of Hot Yoga
- – Yoga performed in a hot studio allows the body to warm up, specifically the muscles, tendon and ligaments, which encourages greater flexibility and reduces the risk of injury.
- – Hot Yoga assists in detoxification due to the extra heat generated by the body.
- – It is great for improving circulation and increasing the immune system functioning.
- – It is also deeply relaxing.
Benefits of Far Infrared heating
- – Gently increases blood flow by expanding the capillaries that carry blood.
- – Increases oxygenation and regeneration of the blood, deeply detoxifying it for the improved functioning of all of the major organs in the body, which depend on blood for energy. This detoxification is on the deepest level, allowing toxins in the blood and tissue to be dissolved or immobilized.
- – Boosts our immune system, increasing the amount of white blood cells and killer T-cells. It is an excellent therapy for promoting healing.
- – Beneficial for people with health conditions such as asthma or bronchial ailments.
- – Its unique heating method does not create air currents that increase dust circulation in the room.
- – Prevents unwanted humidity that causes mould to grow.
What do I need to do to attend a class?
- – Hydration – make sure you keep hydrated and drink plenty of water before, during and after your session.
- – Eating – avoid eating too much before a class but light snacks or high water content food such as fruit or salads are encouraged. Nuts and dried fruit would also be beneficial.
- – Yoga mats – we encourage you to bring your own yoga mat. We have some for purchase if you need one. We also provide mats for you to hire for a nominal fee of £1.50.
- – Towels – we recommend that you bring your own towel, however you can hire one from us for £2 a session. We also have yoga towels available for purchase.
- – Comfy light clothes – be comfortable and wear light clothes, but remember to bring something to change into afterwards. We have women’s and men’s changing rooms.
- – Listen to your body – your body knows what it needs and what its limits are. Be kind to yourself.
We offer hot classes throughout the week. Please see the timetable for more details.
£15 per class
To book a class online please click here, or alternatively call us on 01992 503141, or come in.